Multifunctional orthosis for stabilization of the hip joint.
The multi-functional orthosis SofTec Coxa stabilizes the hip joint, for example after total hip replacement or femoral-head resection. It prevents dislocation of the hip joint by restricting its radius of movement with a special monocentric joint. SofTec Coxa can also be adjusted on a supine patient. The multi-functional orthosis can be used on the left or right-hand side or on both sides.
- Special joint with just one pivot for abduction/adduction (extending the leg in-wards/outwards) and extension/flexion (extending the leg forwards/backwards
- Secure fit due to stable positioning of the pelvic frame on the iliac crests
- Can be used on the left or right-hand side or on both sides
Precision healing process
With the special joint designed by Bauerfeind, SofTec Coxa guides the hip joint safely and in a manner appropriate to the indications. Flexion/extension and abduction/adduction are set in an anatomically correct fashion using a single pivot. The monocentric joint can be continuously adjusted to the height of the greater trochanter. SofTec Coxa thus holds the head of the hip joint securely in the socket. Movements that could give rise to dislocation are prevented, thus ensuring a positive surgical outcome. In an observational non-interventional study, 95.8% of physicians confirmed its medical effectiveness.
Stability and comfort
The secure fit of the SofTec Coxa offers stability for the hip joint. The anatomically contoured pelvic frame sits securely and comfortably on the iliac crests. The pelvic frame is individually fitted to the girth and is embedded in breathable knit, which is easy to close with Velcro. The thigh harness consists of a skin-friendly special knit and is fitted without great effort using Velcro straps. In the observational non-interventional study, 95.8% of all patients were satisfied with the SofTec Coxa.
|Size||cm||Order number joint offset (women)||Order number joint straight (men)|
|1||75 - 95||12225240080001||12225250080001|
|2||95 - 115||12225240080002||12225250080002|
- Prevention of dislocation
- Total hip-replacement surgery
- Total hip-revision surgery
- Femoral-head resection (Girdlestone arthroplasty)
- Hip spacer for two-stage revision procedures